MRA’s are a pool of abusive men. Have all of them had a chance to abuse women? No.
I’m reading Lundy Bancroft’s book ‘Why Does He DO That?’ It’s a book mainly for women. He has many years of experience working with male abusers of women and children. I encourage you to read along with me. The book is here.
I’m currently done with Chapter 1 and have started Chapter 2. There’s a very important question he has for us.
What I want to do is invite you to answer the first question in the book as if we’re talking about MRA’s. Lundy invites us to make a list of where abusive men think their problems come from.
MRA’s think their problems start with women and feminism, which they use interchangably. So
- rape statistics 1 in 5 they think are false
- the government is run by radical feminists
and so on. Add to the list in any way you see fit in the comment section. So far from readers:
- white racist ‘elite’ feminist women,
- blacks and welfare
- the Jews (media and feminists who have been Jewish)
- immigrants, non-Christians in some cases
- alpha males and beta males
I’ll add a few more
- single mothers especially black single mothers
- no fault divorce
- rape shield laws
- child custody somehow favouring the mother (which is untrue)
- anonymous rape reporting on college campuses
- any insight into hypermasculinity
- male feminists aka mangina’s and white knights
- Obama supporters
- VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)